Mobile Mental Health Units (MMHU)
The Mobile Mental Health Units (MMHU) of the Society of Social Psychiatry P. Sakellaropoulos, operate based on the principles of Social Psychiatry, within the local community and in close cooperation with it. The Society operates two MMHU in the Prefecture of Fokida (Central Greece) and Evros Rodopi (Northern Greece).
The basic aims of the Mobile Units are:
- The prevention, the diagnosis and the treatment of mental health disorders for children, adolescents and adults.
- The promotion of the population’s mental health
- The rehabilitation, the social and employment inclusion of people with psychosocial problems
- The protection of the patients’ rights
- Crisis intervention and support provision at the patient’s home
- The education and training of mental health professionals and other local groups at the community
- Awareness-raising and sensitisation of the population on mental health issues
The interdisciplinary team of the Mobile Mental Health Units consists of psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, logopedics – speech therapists and nurses.